Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hola Punches!

And finally, the day has come when I decided to try out punching "seriously". I always thought it was an easy-peasy job! But well...............I stand corrected and thoroughly humbled! There is SO much to do in punches, I think I am looking at mixed media for a LONG time to come :) This card made me a HUGE fan of all those who make cards because I don't think I ever use THIS many supplies of different kinds in a frame!!!!!!! Putting that variety together in a presentable form IS a task and my respect for card-makers has gone up two notches!

My first serious trial at punches and their use :)


Answering all the questions:

I've used a hand-made beige-gold paper for background, a simple beige paper punched using Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page deco fan punch, the flowers are made using Punch Punch Super Giant and Large Daisy punches, the half-sticker pearls (smaller ones) are from a local shop, the big half pearl is from Panduro (Sweden), the "scrapbook paper" effect on the beige paper is hand-drawn swirls and leaves (for the life of me, I can never decide what scrapbook paper will fit where and I hardly have any anyway), the organza ribbon is from Pipoos (Belgium), the leaves are 2" and 1" leaf punches I bought from A-One Craft Supplies and so are the pollens. The "Smile" is yours truly's hand-writing (I still can't figure stamping too well!)...........have I listed everything?

Linking this one to Crafty Creations Free for All challenge :)

Happy Punching (Hahahaha)

Pritesh

 PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

12 comments:

Jyoti Agrawal said...

Wow!! That's so elegant ... and loved the way you have clicked the pic.

Manasa said...

wow..this is so simple yet sooo elegant...loved it !

Hussena said...

Oh wow you seem to have mastered another new craft form:):) your flower looks gorgeous!! and the way you have presented the whole card...its simply stunning!!!i know you hand drawn swirls in your quilling projects but this is a whole new level...you are really so good at handdrawn stuff..simply hats off to you!!

MEGHA said...

lovely card!!!!!
megha
http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

quilled paper paradise said...

It is a beautiful card! (Gordana Mudri) ;)))

chillin with Quillin said...

again this card is lovely, your multi tallented!!!
Paula

Anonymous said...

This card is really beautiful !

Szalonaisa said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!

craftyb said...

Oooooh, such an elegant creation! Love your beautiful flowers. Good for youtrying out something new too! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ha Ha after visiting your blog for so many months I was thinking why you were restricting yourself to just quilling!! Now I am happy! I just started beading and clay craft...waiting to see when you will take that up!!

Soraya said...

great job for a punch-newbie!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you all so much, for encouraging me :)