Saturday, October 8, 2011

Quilly Nilly Lily!

Hello All,

When I got this order for a simple card, I thought ok, let me try something new. I hadn't made lilies ever before and trying my hand at them was exciting. It's actually much more fun when the people who order state their 'flexible' and 'inflexible' requirements. I knew I had to quill white lilies but otherwise, I had the freedom to weave a pattern around it.

I wanted to try the lilies Nelika had made in her post. I didn't want the white to remain utterly white, so I sketched little yellow and green at the base of the petals. I promise, I will post a tutorial to this one soon, it is SO simple, everyone ought to try it!!!!! I made a few leaves and multi-colour scrolls (nothing like the ones Suganthi and Nelika make though, hehe) to complete the ensemble.

And here goes!


Details:

Base: 250 gsm off white card paper
Oval: 80 gsm printing paper with the greenish oval and wish printed on it
Lily: 200 gsm white scrapbooking paper
Leaves: 80 and 120 gsm green shades paper
Scrolls: 120 gsm quilling paper from www.skapamer.se

Happy Quilling :-)

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

8 comments:

Sathya said...

Very nice....flower is superb....

Sathya
Taiwan
(sathyapapercrafts.blogspot.com)

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks a lot Sathya :-)

Neli Quilling said...

Много нежно и красиво цвете!Страхотно е направено!Поздравления!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you Neli! :-) Your work was my inspiration :)

Jan Yoshioka said...

This is really beautiful -- I love the color combination!!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks Jan :-) Thank you for dropping by and leaving a kind comment :-)

Mihaela said...

Very elegant card! I love it, colors are lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for making it for me! :)

Ketaki