Monday, September 19, 2011

Quilled Orchids

Now that I am equipped with the quilling tools I bought from Artystree, it is so much easier to make shapes in regular sizes. I wanted to try my hand at something like that and orchids always come in hand. Equipped with how Inna Dorman had quilled orchids once, I decided to give it a try. I have done it slightly differently compared to hers but I am satisfied with the result :-)

The flowers have been made using the 1.5 cm circle in the quilling designer board (top left circle). For the bigger petals, I made the whorl and pressed two together. The darker pink are single whorls. The leaves have been folded by hand. I don't particularly like husking, so I fold them by hand. But looks like, I will need to husk leaves more often! :D




Base: 500 gsm white carton paper covered with beige (80 gsm) printing paper
Flowers: 120 gsm pink (two shades) and 80 gsm red paper
Leaves: 80 gsm dark green printing paper
Frame: 500 gsm carton paper readymade frame from Gallerix.

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

No comments: